27 February 2010

Nom nom nom

Yummy!

I had a couple of bananas turning brown on the island, so I thought I'd try my hand at banana bread. It's my first attempt and it turned out pretty well.

I had four different recipes from my Clarinda Municipal Hospital Auxiliary cookbook, so I kind of picked and borrowed to come up with my own, based on the ingredients I had on hand.

So, without further ado, and presenting what I believe is the first recipe posted here:

Banana Bread

Ingredients: (in order of appearance)
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
OPT: 1/2 cup crushed walnuts

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Stir in mashed bananas. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Mix in crushed walnuts, if desired. Pour batter into greased 5x7 bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven and let sit for 30 minutes. Remove from pan, slice and enjoy!

The wife doesn't like walnuts so I make mine without. It's delish either way.

No comments: