11 May 2014

Catch Up

And once again I have folded, mutilated and spindled Blogging Rule Number One, which is post something every day. Not like I've ever been one to follow that rule anyway. What can I say, I'm a rebel.

So, lately I've been working on cars again. The Subaru developed a noise in hard turns, so I replaced the drive axles. While I was there I also put in a fresh set of ball joints. Unfortunately this has not solved the problem, and the real culprit - wheel bearings - has been getting more and more evident. They will be replaced soon, along with the front brake pads and rotors. I think I'll hire that job out to a shop that has an alignment rack.

The reason I haven't taken it in yet is I finally took the bumper cover off the Mustang and got the dog damage repaired, so I had to drive it to work all week. While I had the bumper cover off I pulled the windshield washer pump and discovered the filter clogged with what looked to be algae. I didn't know algae could grow in windshield washer fluid, but it's clean now and operating properly.

The bumper cover got put back on Friday, just in time for the sporadic rain to start Friday night and all through Saturday. It's supposed to be nice this week so I'll probably give in to the temptation and drive it this week. If not, there's always next week.

Youngest Sister's anniversary is next Saturday, Niece D is graduating on Sunday, and now Older Sister is getting married on the 23rd...and Niece M, Youngest Son and I will be there for all of it. We were going to head back home on the 23rd, which is a Friday, but now it looks like we'll be leaving that Saturday instead.

And that's what the next few weeks have in store for me.

No comments: