18 July 2014

Hey! There's A Bandwagon!

I have a range session next weekend, so I'm going out to shoot at least two of the 5 most dangerous guns in America, maybe more if things work out well.

First up, since it will be the inaugural run of the Sig, I'm going to shoot the first most dangerous gun in America, the pistol. I will go so far as to bring my Glocks to play, so two of the three of the pistols I shoot will be Glocks. This will pretty well coincide with the articles statement that "65 percent of the market share of handguns for United States law enforcement agencies" is filled by Glock, even though neither one of mine to the best of my knowledge was ever used by any law enforcement agency...but the Sig was.

If Range Partner brings his Alaskan I might even shoot the second most dangerous gun in America, the revolver. I'm only going to shoot it once, though, because a .454 Casull in that short frame really hurts to shoot. That's why he says he carries it, he only wants to have to shoot it once. After all, if I'm going to shoot a dangerous gun it might as well be a really dangerous gun.

I'll probably bring at least one of the long guns out of the safe, so I'm certain that I'll put a few rounds through the third most dangerous gun in America, the rifle. The only question is, which one? I haven't brought the Nazi killer out to play lately, so maybe there's a fireball in my future. That should amp the danger meter up some.

Next, perhaps I'll drag the EBS out for some fun and games so that I can shoot the fourth most dangerous gun in America, the shotgun. It's been a while since I've put anything through it, so maybe it's due. Also I need some more/better pictures of it in its current configuration, so it has to come out of the safe anyway. Since it was built with the specific purpose of scaring the gun grabbers it definitely belongs on the dangerous list.

Unfortunately neither one of us has a derringer, so I won't be shooting the fifth most dangerous gun in America.

And now I'm going to get something to try to wash away the memory of reading that article. The things I do for cheap hits...

No comments: