22 December 2008

Life In The Fast Lane

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, my counterpart on the opposite night shift went and got himself fired over the Thanksgiving weekend and as a result I've been informed that the terms "excessive overtime" and "regular shifts" really don't apply to me anymore.

That means I am invited to work any day that I want, for as long as I want. The upside of that is I get to pick the days I want off, the downside is that I get to work a lot of extra time. The wife keeps pushing me out the door, something about cashing in while I'm still healthy or something like that.

She was the one who told me not to retire from the Navy because we might find out we didn't really like each other. I told her I would get two jobs and we could pretend I was still in. Now I don't have to get another job, I have two jobs where I'm at.

It's a nice problem to have, I guess, especially in today's economy and with the reality of layoffs and corporate downsizing. I would rather be overemployed than under (or un) employed.

Anyway, I'll post when I can. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: