21 October 2011

One More Day

Tomorrow at 0400 (that's 4:00 AM for you cake-eating civilians) the alarm will sound off. I will rise from my bed rested and refreshed (yeah right) to begin the day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart (but not right away).

Estimated time of departure from the Refuge is 0430. At or about 0600 I will link up with the rest of the group in Garner NC for the trek south to lovely Fayetteville NC. Our destination: TigerSwan.

There we will all participate in shooty goodness until approximately 1700, then we will depart for Garner once more. We have plans to meet for supper during which I imagine much laughter and the telling of tales both short and tall will occur.

I will be wearing The Coolest Shirt In The Gunosphere from the beginning of this operation until its conclusion for the after-shooty gathering.

It should be a great day and I'm looking forward to it. Much thanks to Sean of An NC Gun Blog for arranging this class.

EDIT TO ADD: Roberta X reminds us that the world ends today.  I'm hoping it ends quietly, 4 AM comes awful early in the morning.

2 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Dude, you aren't planning on wearing that shirt all day in the sun, sweating on it something fierce, and then eating dinner with us, are you?

I'm wearing mine just to dinner. You can stop at my house and take a shower before dinner if you like.

I'm with you on the end coming quietly. Hopefully it will take care of itself because I don't have time to supervise it. And if I have to get up and shout "Hey, Universe, keep it down, I'm trying to sleep here!" I am likely to show my lack of appreciation violently.

Larry said...

You have a point there, it's a bit far to go all the way back to Franklinton and back to Garner. I'll take you up on that offer.
See you Saturday AM!