21 December 2012

On The Road

So I was out and about this morning getting some things done pre-apocalypse and a couple of interesting things happened.

The first thing that happened is my hunting partner texted me to see if I was going to head out to the woods again today. I texted him back that I had things to do so I would not be engaging in yet another futile attempt to find Bambi, then I got in the car.

He texted me back and the car read the text for me. It then gave me the option to text back, which I did simply by speaking the message I wanted to send. It had never done that before, so it must be a smart phone thing. Technology, ain't it grand?

The second thing that happened is that while I was pulling off the interstate I saw this getting on the entrance ramp. I had to look it up when I got home, apparently two brothers have built a huge banana on an F-150 chassis and are going to drive it around the world to raise money for Deep Vein Thrombosis. It is a good cause and a fun looking car (although since it is only in the 40's today I don't think I'd want to ride in it out on the interstate) so I'll be throwing a donation their way to help out.

According to MSgt B's sources TEOTWAWKI was supposed to happen at 11:00 AM. It is now almost 3:00 PM so I guess either the timing is off or it ain't gonna happen.

Guess I'd better get out there and do some Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

RabidAlien said...

Scientists discovered a slight mis-translation on a passage near the bottom of the "calendar", roughly translated, it now reads:

"Suckas! Yeah, we're not tellin you foolz a thing. And thanks for the Spanish Influenza, ya bass tards!"

Larry said...

Montezuma's Revenge (except that was the Aztecs).

Thanks for dropping by RA!

MSgt B said...

Damn, still here...

Didn't want you to miss this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pay_JeoGhDQ&feature=player_embedded

Larry said...

Thanks MSgt B, I'm still here, too.

This video was obviously made by a jealous Camaro driver. They can have my Mustang when the pry my cold dead mangled body out of it!