14 November 2012

Minutia

mi·nu·ti·a  [mi-noo-shee-uh] noun, plural mi·nu·ti·ae Usually, minutiae. Precise details; small or trifling matters: the minutiae of his craft.

Wounded Warrior Project, a charity to which I have donated and participated in fundraising efforts for, has apparently bowed to politically correct pressure. They have done good things in the past, and I wish them continuing success, but sadly it appears as if they are no longer interested in associating with my kind.

I got a tax bill for my sisters car, I am on her title because I am a co-signer on her loan. She lives in Virginia and it appeared as if the county I live in here in North Carolina wanted me to pay the taxes on it. After contacting the tax office I came to the realization that she lives in a county in Virginia of the same name as my county here in North Carolina. To add confusion to the mix the city in which the county seat is located has the same name as a city here in North Carolina, although the North Carolina city of that name is not in my county. I'll reserve my opinions on the subject of personal property taxes as applied to mobile property, suffice it to say I'm not a fan.

UPDATE: she never lived in the county of the same name, they just saw Virginia tags + the name of the county the car is registered in and sent a bill. Fortunately she has updated the address so this should not be a problem next year.

I have been invited on a jaunt in an effort to slay the evil and nefarious North American hoofed rat, AKA Odocoileus virginianus, or the common whitetail deer. I have several different options as to the tool to use in said dispatch; I can go with the Franchi, or go with the Mosin (yes I have soft tip ammo for it), or go with the Arisaka (the range will likely be less than 50 yards so I'm not worried about my inability to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside at long range), or maybe do something completely unusual and use the Saiga. .223 is legal here in North Carolina, and I've been looking at this for ammo.

But tonight, it's work for me.

No comments: