24 November 2012

Updates

"Operation: Tamalanche" is coming to a successful conclusion. Raffles have been conducted, prizes are being handed out, and bills are being paid. The bratty little sister of the gunosphere did a bang-up job both naming the operation and providing the kind of support that most of us forget about. Sometimes, more than money to pay for the procedures, we just need something to make us smile. Well done Erin.

Yet another thing to be thankful for. I am thankful that I am allowed to be a part of a community like this one.

The lights are up both inside and out, a feat not accomplished in the past two years. This year...it just seems right. Unfortunately the candy canes that usually line the front walk did not survive the year, if I can't find more as the season goes on maybe I can find some in the after Christmas sales. It just doesn't seem the same without them. I could also use a couple more strings of lights for the roof.

It's easy to get wrapped up in things that annoy, confuse or frighten us, but this year I think I'll take the time to do what the season is meant for...think of possibilities and the things that are right instead of wrong. I have a lot to be happy about, and I'll bet you do, too.

On the agenda for tonight - Youngest Son wants to go to the skating rink again. He's had a great couple of weeks in school, a marked improvement over what came before, so off he goes. Dad won't skate, but there isn't any admission (they charge a "skate rental fee" even if you bring your own skates) and they have complimentary wifi, so I'll sit with my laptop and buy an outrageously overpriced soda and wait on him.

Have a great night everyone!

No comments: