02 November 2012

Lost Boy

I'm running away from home tomorrow.

I am quite deliberately not telling anyone where I am going. I am not publishing a route map, I am not filing a flight plan, and I am not disclosing my location.

This is killing Youngest Son because he is convinced that I am running off to have fun without him. And he is absolutely right.

I will have my phone in case I have to call someone, but otherwise it will be firmly set to the O-F-F position.

I will have the portable elf-box, so you may get a postcard from the road.

Or not...

9 comments:

Erin Palette said...

Have fun storming the castle!

Larry said...

It would take a miracle...

Thanks for dropping by Erin!

Anonymous said...

Drive safely! If you're going where I think you're going, there is no need to tell you to have fun. That will be inevitable.

RabidAlien said...

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.



Have a great trip!

Larry said...

It is where you think it is, and yep it was fun as always. Taking a ride up the Parkway tomorrow to cap it all off, I took tomorrow off of work.

RA, so far it has been.

Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

"it will be firmly set to the O-F-F position"

The only way to do it ...

Safe journey
Q

Larry said...

Thanks Q

RabidAlien said...

Heh. In a side note, nothing really says "O-F-F" quite like a hollow-point .45 to the keypad.

Larry said...

True...but that kind of eliminates the possibility of it ever being set to the O-N position ever again...