10 July 2011

Mustang Night With The Bulls

Friday night Youngest Son and I went to a Durham Bulls ball game with the Heart of Carolina Mustang Club.

Since it wasn't a car-type event, and since the rain clouds were threatening, and since it was Durham after all, I left the Mustang at home and took the Baja instead.

We had group tickets to the Miller Light Corral, complete with a spread laid on by the ball park. We had a pretty good group that showed up to watch the hometown Bulls get roundly defeated 17-2 by the Norfolk Tides (who used to be the Tidewater Tides when I lived in Virginia Beach the first time).

There was a rain delay in the third inning, and afterwards there was a fireworks show, so it was after 1 AM by the time Boy and I got back to the house. We then got up at 5:30 AM to be on the road by 6:00 AM to drive the Diamondback with the Carolina chapter of the Mustang Forum (see post above).

It's been a busy weekend, and my parents are in Roanoke visiting Sister now, so they will be here next week. I have to go back to work tonight so that I can rest up.

As is usual for the panoramic views they are fuzzy on the page but they clear up when you click on them.

No comments: