15 September 2011

Guns I Want

in order of wantingness:

Ruger Blackhawk in .357

Remington Model 700 CDL in either 30.06 or 7mm This niche has been filled quite nicely with the Mossberg 100ATR. I think I still want something in 7mm later on though.

Mosin M38 carbine

M1 Garand or M1A Springfield

M1911, manufacturer not important

AR-15 pattern EBR  Screw Armalite, they can keep their crap for the Only Ones. Don't want one now, not even from another manufacturer, cause "AR stands for Armalite" and they can all trot off to hell. So I actually have an AR-15 pattern rifle in 6.8, on a 3D printed lower. ;) The 3D printed lower fell apart so I got me one of them there 80 percent lowers instead.

I'm sure that more will be added to the list over time.

EDITED TO ADD:

Winchester Model 94 Short Rifle, but I think this one should be closer to the top...maybe between the Remington and the Mosin.

Saiga 12 gauge shotgun converted to the AK trigger group

Marlin 795 Purchased 5/13/13

M1 Carbine, this goes on the same line as the M1 or M1A. Any (or all!) of the three would do. Not a 30-06, removing this one from the list. Too bad, it's still a nice looking gun.

Glock 19 Purchased 8/30/13.

MKA 1919 shotgun, because the EBS Project is lonely (and also because "AR-15 shotgun ZOMG!!!)

Vepr Tactical Sniper Rifle because I certainly have enough rounds for it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruger Blackhawk in .357:

#1 in havingness

For many many years...

Winchester Model 94 Short Rifle:
(I think that's the model - just looked to double-check. Looks like it, sizes like it, but the price seems a fair bit higher than I recall)

Too short by about 1 handspan, but I'm long...

Q

Michael said...

Of course, it's always good to have a long gun and a side arm chambered for the same round...as a companion to the Ruger .357, consider this

Larry said...

Q, it wouldn't surprise me to know that the prices have gone up. Everything does, except for my paycheck it seems.
Matt, I had a friend of mine that had, I think it was a Winchester, lever action in .44 Mag to match his .44 Mag Redhawk.
The only problem with using a pistol cartridge in a rifle is that it doesn't really have the right amount of power to be a good rifle round.
The slide action rifle is an interesting piece for sure.
Thanks for dropping by Q and Matt!

Larry said...

sigh...that should be Michael, not Matt. My apologies.

Mortalis09 said...

Larry you may not be a Marine but i have to admit that you have great taste in weapons imo. 8D

Larry said...

Ooh-rah.
Thanks for dropping by Bob!

Knitebane said...

I love my Saiga 12. It's my favorite shotty and the one that stays next to the bed.

I de-sporterized it, moving the trigger back to where Mikhail Timofeyevich intended and replacing the FCG with TAPCO parts. The trigger is now about 5.5 lbs and smooth as silk.

It will regularly put 12 gauge slugs in the same hole at 25 yards.

Larry said...

Yep, that's what I had in mind.

Thanks for dropping by Knitebane!