29 August 2012

Are We Really That Thin Skinned?

Some fellow by the name of 50 Cent, who I understand is a musician of some sort, had a commercial on the radio advertising SK Energy Shots.

At any rate, Mr. Cent (who apparently is a person of color) starts off his advertisement with a rather flat monotone about how being tired took away the bass notes in his voice and made him sound "like a white dude."

I kind of thought the advertisement in question was rather humorous, but apparently someone took offense. Today as I was listening to the same commercial the line had changed to "like some dorky dude."

I think it was much funnier the other way.



And with that, I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

RabidAlien said...

People are way to easy to jump on the "OMG I'M OFFENDED!!!eleventy!!!" bandwagon these days.

Larry said...

Sad but true.

Thanks for dropping by RA!