20 August 2008

Hammer's Jackpot Meme

I don't usually do memes, but this one from Hammer sounded good. So, here we go!

You just won the mega powerball jackpot to the tune of 150 million dollars (after taxes)

1. What would be the very first thing you would do?


Invest at least half of it. Second would be to pay off everything I owe.

2. Where would you choose to live?

I would build a house somewhere, probably in south Georgia or in Florida...unless the oldest daughter moves to NC, in which case the house would be here somewhere.

3. What kind of house would you live in?


Near my hometown of Clarinda Iowa is a large brick farmhouse built by the local loony bin. I would send architects there to study it, and build as close to a duplicate as possible.

4. What kind of car would you buy?

Car? As in, one? Let's be serious, shall we?

5. Where would you vacation?


I would take my wife on a whirlwind tour of the Med, specifically Spain, Italy, and all the other ports of call that I hit in 20 years of Naval service. We would spend a great deal of time in Italy because her grandfather came from there.

6. Would you have anything on your body fixed?

Not myself, but I'm sure the wife would have quite a laundry list.

7. What kind of hobbies would you engage in?

Rebuilding old cars, riding motorcycles, a few guns and a lot of model trains.

8. What charities would you donate to?

Make A Wish would be stunned by my generosity. I like MaW because one of the kids wanted to go big-game hunting in Alaska. They sent him over the screeching protests from the usual suspects. Their position was "It's the kid's wish, that's what he wants, that's what he gets. Period." So, I always give what I can to them.

9. Would you give money to your relatives?

I would set up trust funds for the kids and I would pay off all of my parents' bills.

10.Would you run away from your current life?

I would change my current life, but I wouldn't run away from it. I've invested quite a bit of time in it already.

11. Would you continue to work?

I would start a business with my son restoring old cars and trucks.

12. Would the money change you in any way?

I'm certain that it would. It would solve some problems, only to replace them with others. I would have to adapt to those new problems, and I'm certain that would cause changes.

2 comments:

none said...

I like your take on the Make a wish. I wasn't aware that they didn't cave to PETA. Kudos to them.

You are right about new problems replacing others..there is never any true escape.

Larry said...

Thanks for the meme Hammer.