07 December 2011

Traveling Man

I took the pony to work last night. I wasn't going to because it was supposed to rain, and I don't like putting the cover on a wet car. But when I stepped out the door and the temps were still in the high 60s, I just had to do it. This morning the temps were in the mid 60s and it was dry for the trip home, so I got a two-fer and was able to put the cover on it when I got home as well.

I had to take it out and enjoy it, the weather is getting colder for the rest of the week and I haven't had it out for over a week as it is. This weekend we're loading up the Banana Boat and heading for Iowa for a couple of weeks, where the lows are in single digits (Fahrenheit) and the highs aren't warm enough to melt ice. Not a good place for a Mustang convertible, but an AWD Subaru should be able to handle it just fine.

When we get back we will only be here for the week and then it's off to Florida for a week to see Eldest Daughter and Pop. Middle Daughter and hubby are taking the 'Boat, so I'll be forced to drive the Mustang. It looks like we'll be taking a trailer down, too, because Pop is adamant about emptying his garage out.

So I'm looking at a busy month, I'll be missing the Mustang club Christmas party, the company Christmas party, another Christmas party that a co-worker is throwing and a Mustang Forums get-together, all in the next two weeks. I was going to have to skip two of the parties anyway since they were all scheduled on the same night, but it will be good to get out and see the folks, not to mention Brother and Younger Sister.

I think it will be worth it.

No comments: