13 October 2012

Fair Use

You keep using these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

I like to put pictures up on my posts, in my headers, and generally sprinkled throughout the blog. I like pictures, probably because I'm a knuckle dragging mouth breathing moron and need the visual stimulation, but for whatever reason there it is.

Oftentimes I will take these pictures myself but just as oftentimes I will pull them from the 'net. Whenever I do pull them from the 'net I try to leave a link and credit the creator whenever possible. Sometimes the pics I find don't have attribution so I can't always do this, I do still leave a link to where I found it if possible (meaning if I remember where I stole it from).

With that being said if I use a picture of yours and you want credit, or if you just want me to take it down, please do shoot me an email (address at my profile link) or leave me a comment on the offending post (I moderate comments so I will see it as long as you're not a spambot, in which case you must die by fire) and I will take appropriate actions.  No muss, no fuss, no bullshit.

What I will not do is use someone elses work for profit without their permission (one of the many reasons I don't do ads on this here blog). Using someone elses stuff without their say so is just plain rude and could be illegal depending on the circumstances (ask Major Caudill if you don't believe it).

This PSA has been brought to you by the Association of Annoyed Gunbloggers. We now return you to your regular programming.

No comments: