14 February 2023

Well Why Not

 I went to go somewhere in the Jeep today, and when I turned the key the little blinky dash lights came on but the starter didn't. Apparently the linkage between the lock cylinder and the electrical switch, called the actuator, is prone to failure and mine did.

I went online to do some pricing and holy smokes. Amazon has what I need for about seventeen bucks shipped. Auto Zone had the same part for about 40. Advance wants 66 bucks for the same part.

It will be here Thursday. Until then I'll drive the Baja. I need to get my money's worth out of that transmission anyway. It's just a shame, the weather will be nice enough for the next couple of days that I could have rode topless, but I guess I can just open the sunroof instead.

2 comments:

Angus McThag said...

Based on two friends experiences with their Wranglers, I am convinced that the team at Lucas moved to Jeep.

Larry said...

They're owned by Fiat now y'know...but it's old enough that I can't blame Fiat. (It's a 2006, which is the Daimler era...so it's a Mercedes. :D )

Thanks for dropping by!