23 March 2009

Last Night

Last night I had a day off because I had traded days with a co-worker. That means I was home, and awake, for the four-hour presentation of "The Color of Magic" on the Ion Channel.

This was a TV adaptation of Terry Pratchett's Diskworld books "The Color of Magic" and "The Light Fantastic". It is the second of his works to be made into a TV film, the first one being "Hogfather", which was also shown in the US on the Ion Channel.

I thought that "Hogfather" was magnificent, and I thought that "The Color of Magic" was indeed magical. I can't wait for "Going Postal" to come out later on this year, it is supposed to be the third Diskworld film and I absolutely loved the book. If they do as well on it as they have done on the other two, it will be well worth the wait.

All in all, not a bad way to waste four hours on a Sunday night.

No comments: