15 February 2011

Train Lover's Day

Last Saturday was Train Lover's Day at the Virginia Museum of Transportation, so youngest son and I hopped in the Mustang and went to Roanoke.

Chesapeake and Ohio 4-8-4 number 614 was on display along with the usual Norfolk and Western locos. She was missing her piston rods, but otherwise she looked pretty good.

Of course I also had to take a peek at the most beautiful steam locomotive ever made while I was there, in all her black and red glory. That's her on the left in the picture.

The museum also hosted the local model railroad clubs, there were displays of N scale, HO scale, On3 scale and Lionel three-rail trains as well as a few items for sale. I picked up a LifeLike F-7 in Pennsylvania livery to go with the fleet of Bachmann Spectrums I have on hand.

All together it was a good day, and of course it is always good to see Sister.

No comments: