03 April 2013

Victory Laps

 The Heart of Carolina Mustang Club met up at Virginia International Raceway today to run some charity laps. This sessions beneficiary was Victory Junction. It was a bit cool, but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. After two sessions we had a group photo taken with Kyle Petty and presented him with the clubs donation. All together between the donation and the laps we raised a bit over $2000 for Victory Junction. More photos can be found here.










I'm happy to say the Continentals performed well. They don't seem to be quite as sticky as the Pirellis, but for the extra tread life I'll gladly make the trade. Not only that, but the Continental DWS tires have delusions of all-weatherability (DWS means Dry Wet Snow) which is something the summer only Pirellis never even pretended at. I still won't press my luck, after all I have a perfectly good Subaru for nasty weather.

No comments: