01 September 2013

Taken To The Woodshed

I certainly was, in comments at Ace's, by some uber-patriotic twit who took offense to my opinion that it's going to burn, there's nothing I can do to stop it, so I'm going to sit on the porch and drink icy drinks and watch the light show cause life is way too short to be pissed off all the time.

Apparently he thinks I should be marching two by two up and down the battlements to die gloriously in combat against all enemies foreign and domestic, never mind that "our side" can't even be assed to make a harshly worded statement concerning all the usurpation of powers that has occurred in the last six plus years, much less join battle against the same.

So I'll just keep the blender busy enjoying the fireworks, and then when the fires die down I'll see what happens next. I know my downhill neighbors are of like mind, so perhaps we will sit on our rooftops pointing out targets to one other until we run out of ammo. But until it comes to that I'm not going to get wrapped around the axle about things I cannot change, which is why you won't see a lot of* ranting and raving on this page.


Besides, this guy does it so much better.

*note that I said "a lot of", not "any", because I do reserve the right to rant and rave on my page as I wish, even though I don't exercise it regularly.

6 comments:

RabidAlien said...

Agreed. I hear a lot of patriotic statements online, but rarely any reports of any gunnies actually DOING anything (please, PLEASE prove me wrong! I want to be wrong on this one!). The occasional march, armed, which usually goes off without a hitch, but not much else.

Stephen said...

I agree. I seldom if ever rant and rave. It's best to relax and allow them to sort themselves out...as I keep my piece close.

Larry said...

RA, I don't know if there is anything at this point that can be done, so I'm just waiting to see what kind of fall-out I'll have to deal with.

Stephen, good advice, always keep your peace...and your piece...close.

Thanks for dropping by!

Angus McThag said...

Well, unless you're in my dank little chamber you ain't gonna see me batting at the bare blub writing to the congress critters...

So I guess it would like I'm doing nothing.

The problem is the letters seem to do no good and pretty much any other response is illegal. It's not so much as I don't think some things should not be done as a feeling that I'd be so very alone in breaking the law and left to hang out to dry. I also find it odd that there are so many exhorting ME to patriotic action who have done no more than I am, often less.

I don't have a balcony, but the porch will suffice.

Anonymous said...

I'm torn on the issue. I have accepted that many once-controversial issues have been "normalized" due to the efforts of a vocal and active minority. Many use this argument as a way to rally us to action. These methods continue to work on some levels (HB 937).

Most days, though, I just don't have the time or energy to invest in what is mostly an exercise in frustration and futility. I've recently come to find value in Christopher Burg's take on politics: https://blog.christopherburg.com/2013/07/10/five-reasons-to-abandon-politics/

In the mean time, I try to be as prepared as possible to survive whatever it is that is coming.

Larry said...

yep Angus, I don't think I'd do well in jail either, but it doesn't keep me from wondering if Claire Wolfe was wrong about it being too soon to shoot the bastards. Personally I think it's too late.

A454, thanks for that link, he sums it up pretty well. That's about where I'm at as well, I'll watch the light show and then go see what pieces can be salvaged.

Thanks for dropping by!