03 January 2022

Glad That's Over

 

December was car fixing month.

First the Subaru needed a transmission rebuild. I told them I had a number in my head, if they could beat it they could have the job. The number they gave me, with tax included, ended up being a little bit under the number in my head, but I was willing to pay it if it meant I didn't have to get underneath the damn thing myself. It drives like a new one, so I'm going to say that's money well spent.

 

The Mustang got a new top the week after Christmas. It looks great and the rear window defroster works now as well, so that's a nice little bonus. The shop told me not to put the top down for a month to let it stretch a bit. and since the weather has been nice all of December I was a bit discombobulated over it. However, as I look out at the snow today and see the temps aren't supposed to climb much out of the 40's I think I'm going to be OK with it for a little while at least.

The hood on the Mustang is exhibiting the Ford aluminum hood corrosion syndrome, so I opted to replace it with a fiberglass hood. I ordered it in October. It has yet to ship. When it does, I'll spend another K or so to get it painted.

Altogether I've gone through about $6500 and I'm looking at another K or so, which puts me back over the 10K mark on the credit card. I brought it down from 20K in a year, so I'm not worried about bringing it down again.

The new semester starts on Friday. I'm only taking one class for the first 8 weeks and two for the last 8 weeks, so I'm not expecting it to be very tough. I do have to take a math class before I can take the physics class, so that will set me back a bit. But what the heck, it took me a little over a half century to get started, a few more months isn't going to matter that much.

That's it from here. Hopefully 2022 is when the insanity starts to draw down.

No comments: