07 June 2022

At What Point

 did we come to the decision that "Drag Queen Story Hour" for children was A Good Idea?

Look, here's the deal. I have no problem with your particular brand of crazy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I just don't think it's appropriate to subject elementary school age children to explicitly sexual materials, and I just don't understand parents who would think that is OK.

You wanna be a drag queen? Fine, go for it. I have no reason to wish harm on you, quite to the contrary I wish you a long and happy life. HOWEVER. That doesn't mean I support you or will champion your cause. I still think you are a fruitcake, but in the Land of the (Formerly) Free and the Home of the Brave you have a right to your fruitcakery as long as you are not bringing harm to anyone through force or fraud.

I think that most of the rest of us would agree with that sentiment, in fact. Most normal human beings have their own problems to deal with and are perfectly content to leave you to your own, and no one that I know will offer violence to anyone who is not threatening them. But, if you want a straight shot to a world of shit, start messing with their kids. Disney is finding this out first-hand, as well they should.

Once upon a time we locked our crazies up and provided treatment for them. Now we elect them to public office.

This soliloquy brought to you by the City of Apex, NC.

No comments: