07 June 2022

Tales Of the Hood

 As I look back through the sparse number of postings I see that I have been remiss.

Not in the quality and quantity of postings, although that is definitely a thing, but in the follow-up.

When I posted this I said I would follow up when the Mustang hood was done. It took a while, the hood was ordered in October and didn't arrive until January, but it is painted and installed and it looks great. It only took the body shop six weeks to get the work done.

Yeah. Six weeks. I finally called them up and said "Dudes, WTF?" and they told me "Oh, it's in the drying booth and we were gonna call you tomorrow when it was done."

At any rate, I am pleased with the results.




I love the way it looks on the car, just different enough to warrant a closer look and yet not so ostentatious that it calls attention to itself.

 The only two issues I have with the new hood is the windshield washer sprayers, which are mounted to the bottom of the hood, aren't aimed correctly any more and will need to be bent to correct their angle, and the cowl is now low enough that the windshield wipers hit the trailing edge when they are lifted. I've already scratched the trailing edge with them, so that will need to be fixed, but since the hood is fiberglass it only looks bad and won't cause any further damage.

That's a lot of red, though, so I'm going to have to think about some sort of striping for it. I had purchased a set of hood spears like what was on the old hood, but they won't go with the new one at all.

Perhaps something close to them can be made for it.

No comments: