11 February 2015

Tunes

One of the new toys that came with the Mustang was SiriusXM and a 6 month paid subscription. I liked it so much I got a Sirius portable unit for the Subaru as well.

The one thing I didn't like about the Subaru's unit was it was a stand-alone, which means it had a mount affixed to the dash with double-side sticky tape. Along with its power adapter that had to be plugged into the cigarette lighter it was in the way, and the adaptor took up the only outlet I had so had to get a triple to plug into the stock outlet, and every time I'd shift into 5th I ran the chance of hitting that power adapter and shutting the radio off momentarily.

So a couple of weeks ago I went out and got the unit that plugs into the back of the aftermarket radio I put in the Subaru, so now the Sirius is integrated into the rest of the radio controls and there isn't a brick stuck on the dash in the way, not to mention no power adapter sticking out. It's a much cleaner look and I like it a lot better.

When I got the acknowledgement that I had shut one off and activated another in the email there was also an offer for SiriusXM on the cell phone, for a nominal fee (four bucks a month), so I got it on the phone as well. Now I can plug it into the computer and play it through the computer speaker system (I have a stand-alone speaker set for the computer) or I can plug it into the home stereo system (which we hadn't used much since leaving Florida actually, but now I've dug it out of the corner I'm using it more).

So what's really cool is I'm listening to The Shadow radio show on Radio Classics (channel 82) while I sit here on my modern newfangled computing device pounding on the keyboards to write this missive.

Ain't technology grand?

No comments: