20 January 2009

OMFG!

This one is on Townhall.

So much for objectiveness.

Yes, this is an historic occasion, today for the first time in our relatively short history a non-white man will be sworn in as President of these United States.

I don't have a problem with the media's observance of the occasion as an historical one. My problem is the absolute slobbering they have done, and are still doing. The problem gets even worse when supposedly conservative news sources join in the tongue bathing.

Somehow I can't remember President Bush getting this treatment. As I remember, the "honeymoon" was pretty non-existent, and began with the news sources chortling over the departing Clinton staff pulling the W's from White House computer keyboards.

The second cartoon looks more like the media's opinion on this President. And while I certainly hope he proves to be an able leader, I also hope the Obama worshippers get over themselves quickly as well.

It's going to be a long 4 years otherwise.

No comments: