06 January 2014

!!!

Local weather, Page County IA:

Issued by The National Weather Service
Omaha, NE

Mon, Jan 6, 2014, 3:52 AM CST

... WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* WIND CHILL VALUES... WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 35 DEGREES BELOW ZERO WILL OCCUR THIS MORNING.
* WINDS... WIND SPEEDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH... WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH THIS MORNING.
* TIMING... WIND CHILL VALUES OF 20 BELOW ZERO OR COLDER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.


(it's 64 degrees in Franklinton NC as I copy and paste this...)

10 comments:

Angus McThag said...

It is 62˚ F here in "sunny" Florida at present.

I am ever so thankful that I escaped Iowa at times like these. It does make me worry about friends and relatives who remained above the snow line.

Larry said...

66 in J-ville according to the little weather bug on my smarter-than-me phone right now.

It's a good day to stay inside here today. And my mother wonders why I didn't rush right back...

Robert Fowler said...

-10 with a -35 windchill here in Des Moines. Welcome to Iowa. Days like this I wonder why I left Texas.

Larry said...

Makes me wonder why my parents couldn't have gotten married in June like normal folks.

Anonymous said...

Well, it won't be in the 60's here very long:

... WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON EST TUESDAY.

* WIND CHILL VALUES... WILL RAPIDLY FALL INTO THE TEENS AND SINGLE DIGITS LATE THIS EVENING ACROSS THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN PIEDMONT... BOTTOMING OUT AT -5 TO -10 DEGREES AROUND SUNRISE TUESDAY MORNING.

And honestly, once it gets to a certain point, colder doesn't really make much difference.

Stay warm, my friend.

Larry said...

What fresh hell is this???

Stay warm yourself, try to have the place de-iced by Wednesday while I'm on my way home.

rgranger said...

This just in from Texas: Most still think Obama is a SCFOAMF!

Anonymous said...

I'm surviving just fine so far, knock on wood.

I ordered a day with temps in the 70's, per your request, but it won't be here until the weekend. The best I could do by Wednesday was a day in the low-40's. It's not a very strong one, so the temperature will drop below freezing Wednesday night, though. Sorry. At least there won't be much wind.

Larry said...

I'll take it. Probably won't cross the TN/NC line until Thursday AM anyway. A 70 degree day this weekend sounds like a perfect homecoming gift though. :D

Larry said...

rgranger, that's the official consensus at the Refuge as well.

Thanks for dropping by!