07 June 2011

Gunleather

I had ordered a Galco Tuck N' Go several months ago and it finally arrived today. Apparently Galco had to wait for the cow to die naturally of old age before they could get the leather.

At any rate, delivery times aside, the holster itself fits the Grok rather well, a little tight but that is to be expected right out of the box. Galco uses a patented J hook design for concealability, I don't know how well it will work but I will be finding out soon.

I have been using an Uncle Mikes nylon holster and I like it just fine, but you have to tuck your shirt around it so it can look sort of odd. I wanted something that would allow an actual tuck, and I thought I would like something in leather. The Galco looks like it is going to ride a bit higher than the Uncle Mikes, I don't know if that will end up being a problem or not. I think I will end up liking the leather a bit better, time will tell.

I was told when I started thinking about getting my concealed carry permit that I would end up with a box full of holsters. It looks like I'm well on the way to doing that.

Stock Galco Tuck N' Go photo from Galco Gunleather

No comments: