10 June 2011

Reviewing the Tuck N' Go

Last Tuesday I finally became the proud owner of a Galco Tuck N' Go holster.

Even though I have only been using the Galco for a couple of days now, I have to say that I am pleased with it. Two of my concerns were that the holster would ride too high and that the J hook would not function adequately. I'm very happy to say that my concerns were unwarranted.

The J hook works extremely well. First off it is very nice to be able to tuck the shirt without having to bunch it around the belt clip, although the tight fit between the J hook and the leather means you have to work at getting the shirt into the gap. This might change as the leather softens a bit.

What I really like about the J hook though is how it fits behind the belt. I was a bit hesitant at first, worried that the weight of the holster would pull my waistband down and make the belt ride up. Since the hook is usually in the vicinity of the beltloop this is not an issue, but what is really nice is the way the J hook hooks under the belt and does not allow the holster to ride up.

The Uncle Mikes holster would occasionally ride up and detatch itself from both pants and belt, and then the holster with the gun inside would try to fall out of my waistband. With the Galco Tuck N' Go J hook this is no longer an issue because the belt clip goes behind the belt and has a tab that hooks underneath it, preventing it from riding up and off of the waistband.

My concerns about the holster riding too high has actually turned out to be a feature instead of a bug. The concern mainly came about because of the Uncle Mikes unfortunate tendancy to fall off of the belt, but since the J hook prevents this it is no longer a concern. What is nice is that the butt of the gun now rides a bit tighter to my side and closer to the arm, meaning it conceals better.

I would eventually like to try out a Crossbreed Super Tuck, but until that day the Galco will be my regular carry rig.

No comments: