11 February 2012

Defenseless Victim Zone: Wake Forest GCF

To: gcfinfo@goodwillenc.org

SUBJ: Corporate Policy

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently had some items to donate and intended to take them into the Wake Forest location. However when I arrived there I saw a "No Weapons" sign on the door.

Since I was at the time legally carrying I did not go in. I do not do business with corporations that do not trust me.

I don't know if this is your company policy or not, but since it is the policy in Wake Forest at least I will not be patronizing any of your stores.

I am one of over 228,000* North Carolina residents who are permitted to carry concealed weapons. National statistics prove that as a group Concealed Carry permit holders are among the most law-abiding citizens in the nation, moreso even than police officers. Suffice it to say that someone who has paid out their money for the required classes and permits and consented to be fingerprinted like a common criminal in order to exercise a Constitutional right is not going to be a source of trouble.

It is not necessary as a corporation for you to be pro-carry. All I ask is that you remain neutral on the subject and honor state law.

V/R
Larry
Last Refuge of a Scoundrel


* Sean informs me that the number, as of the end of the year, was up to 248,848. Too late to change the email of course, but gratifying nonetheless.

UPDATE: The reply -


As a concealed carry permit holder, pistol instructor, NRA Life Member, and veteran, I appreciate your compliance with state law by not carrying a weapon into a posted facility. 
 
Your respect for our lawful organizational policies, exemplifies the behaviors the general public has come to expect from concealed permit holders, state-wide. 

While I am disheartened to discover that you have decided to no longer support our organization through your donations, I respect your views concerning such a sensitive subject. 

Kind regards,

thanks for writing, have a nice day, blah blah blah.

No comments: