24 March 2012

RCOB

I don't watch a lot of TV. There isn't much on that is worth watching in my opinion. I DVR the zombie show and a couple of others, but by and large I'd rather read than watch TV.

I was watching my zombie show and the DVR screwed up. It's been doing that lately and the only way to recover it is to unplug it and let it boot back up. Having already done that once today I decided I didn't want to mess with it, so I just turned on the regular TV to see what was there.

It came up with  TruTV's program "Most Shocking" where they were showing armed robberies. The episode in question was at a restaurant where the announcer said everyone lived because they were compliant.

BS, I thought, they lived because the scumbags didn't feel like killing them. The only thing that happens when you don't fight back is you die like sheep.

The next clip was a convenience store where the clerk fought back. The uniformed weenie spokesman said "We don't recommend you fight back, blah blah blah..." but the convenience store guy wasn't hurt and when the real cops finally showed up the perp was arrested.

The third clip was a young lady being brutally attacked with a hammer. She lived only because she was able to fight her way free and run to a house next door for help, but the perp walked away and the store is closed now out of fear that he will return.

The message that was conveyed in all of the stories was don't resist, don't fight back, the best you can hope for is to give them what they want and escape if you can. I say if you are going to die, die on your feet and make the bastards work for it.

Yep, I was right. Nothing worth watching.

The world has bad people in it. Be prepared.

5 comments:

RabidAlien said...

Amen. Not much on the boob-tube that's worth the time of day. I don't even watch "Pawn Stars" or "American Pickers" much anymore, although PS does get some interesting firearms in on occasion. I love having the problem of where to stack my books when I finish reading them!

Larry said...

I have the same problem, I have stacks of books I need to take to Ed McKay's.
Thanks for dropping by Kirk!

Robert Fowler said...

The question they never ask, What if what they want is your life?

What a bunch of weenies.

agirlandhergun said...

I think you might have an idea how I feel about this. If you let the bad guy be in charge then it's entirely up to him if you live or die. The criminal isn't to be trusted and being thankful he wasn't in the mood to kill is actually not my idea of a gift, so I will be fighting back, thank you very much.

Larry said...

Robert, indeed, methinks they are afraid of the answer.

AGirl, I think I might have an inkling of an idea. ;)

Thanks for dropping by!