28 March 2012

The Rest Of The Story

Lots more details have been released since we first heard about the Z-man/Martin affair. This morning the hosts of the morning show on the local news talk radio were talking about a police report that lists no less than six witnesses and a conversation with 9-1-1 in progress as the attack began.

I have not been able to find a link to the report, but Sean has a link to the report, along with some other information, and it has been referenced on several news sources I've seen by way of a google-search.  Funny thing is, most of the news stories are still trying to condemn Zimmerman even as they grudgingly admit to the things that are coming out.

It seems as if there will be some of us in the blogosphere with egg on our faces. I'll admit to a bit of a yolkish color myself. And once again, big surprise, the race baiters are on the wrong side of the story. I should just take the opposing view to the usual suspects as my default position, it seems to be a pretty good direction to go.

I still think getting out of the truck showed poor judgement, but the more I learn the harder it gets to be critical of this guy.

3 comments:

RabidAlien said...

Heh. Good rule of thumb: If its on the news, its probably (at best) only 1/5 of the story.

Another rule of thumb: if the race-baiters are jumping on it like a Golden Retriever in a ball-pit full of fresh tennis balls, then its probably only about 1/20 of the story.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Thanks for the link.

@Kirk: I've never articulated it quite that way, but I have to say that's the best way I've ever heard it put. I think I will steal it.

Larry said...

Kirk, yep that's the way it looks. Sean, thanks for keeping us up to date.

Thanks for dropping by!